The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has an 18-page celebration of the show’s best-loved collectables, including: Dalek Rolykins, Weetabix cards, Dapol action figures, Doctor Who Adventures toys, the Cyberman Voice Changer and much more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue #558 is on sale from Thursday 12th November 2020. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.
But what makes a Doctor Who fan a collector? Writer Emma Reeves explores more:
In the popular imagination, the stereotypical Doctor Who fan is automatically assumed to be a collector. It’s a cliché rooted in reality – rare indeed is the fan whose affiliation wouldn’t be given away by a thorough search of their living space. For the most part, a cursory glance would suffice. And it’s not just the amateur fans who treasure their souvenirs; showrunners John Nathan-Turner and Russell T Davies are known to have accumulated vast and eclectic collections of merch.
Find out all about these collectables and their collectors in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine.
This month, you can also get the final instalment of the Ninth Doctor Time Lord Victorious adventure Monstrous Beauty and much more…
Issue 558 includes:
- An exclusive Series 13 update from showrunner Chris Chibnall in his Production Notes.
- A look at how Doctor Who props and costumes have sold at auction – including some of the record prices and the bargains!
- To mark 40 years of BBC Children in Need, the story of Doctor Who’s close relationship with the charity telethons.
- The first instalment of a two-part article exploring David Whitaker’s influence on the Daleks in the 1960s.
- An interview with actor Colin Spaull, who appeared in 1985’s Revelation of the Daleks and 2006’s Rise of the Cyberman and The Age of Steel.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2008 story The Fires of Pompeii.
- The final part of Time Lord Victorious: Monstrous Beauty, a new comic-strip adventure for the Ninth Doctor and Rose.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and more!
Don’t delay! Doctor Who Magazine Issue #558 is on sale from Thursday 12th November 2020. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.