September 16, 2020
The Ninth Doctor joins Time Lord Victorious in this month’s issue of Doctor Who Magazine! The two part comic adventure, Monstrous Beauty, sees the Ninth Doctor and Rose facing the Vampire Alliance in the Dark Times… and we have an exclusive sneak peek!
Doctor Who Magazine Issue #556 is on sale from Thursday 17th September 2020. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.
Have a look at a panel from Monstrous Beauty here:
As well as the first part of Time Lord Victorious: Monstrous Beauty, this issue of Doctor Who Magazine has a detailed guide to Time Lord Victorious and an interview with producer James Goss.
James reveals more about the origins of the multi-platform story here:
“Essentially my job was to shape the entire project and provide vague story outlines for each strand. I spent my first week at the BBC writing a Time Lord Victorious bible. Then I had meetings with each of the licensees, going into more detail as people asked questions or made suggestions.
"There was a terrible moment at the end of March – I think we all had a terrible moment at the end of March – when we had a routine meeting and I expected everyone to say, ‘Sorry, can we postpone this project until the crisis is over?’ But absolutely every licensee was committed to finding a way of carrying on. It was a genuinely moving meeting. Big Finish started the ball rolling by saying, ‘We can’t record in a studio but Paul McGann’s son has some band kit in the garage…’ And it went on from there.”
This month, you can get the first part of the Ninth Doctor adventure Monstrous Beauty, the full interview with James Goss and much more the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine (#556).
Issue 556 includes:
- A bonus 20-page supplement featuring the first part of Time Lord Victorious: Monstrous Beauty, an exclusive new comic-strip adventure for the Ninth Doctor and Rose.
- A detailed guide to Time Lord Victorious and an interview with producer James Goss.
- Tracy-Ann Oberman answers questions from the TARDIS tin.
- A celebration of Virgin Publishing’s New Adventures novels, including contributions from authors including Russell T Davies, Paul Cornell and Mark Gatiss.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 1964 story Marco Polo, plus interviews with Waris Hussein, Brian Hodgson and Derek Ware.
- The untold story behind a proposed season of Doctor Who repeats in the late 1970s.
- Apocrypha looks at Doctor Who Fights Masterplan “Q”.
- A review of the new animated version of Fury from the Deep.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and The Blogs of Doom…
- A giant double-sided poster.
- A diorama of the Ninth Doctor’s TARDIS control room.
- A download code for a complete, six-part audio adventure from Big Finish.
Don’t delay! Doctor Who Magazine Issue #556 is on sale from Thursday 17th September 2020. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.