April 17, 2017
This weekend sees the global launch of the new book range celebrating both Doctor Who and the World of Hargreaves – known for the Mr. Men and Little Miss series.
The Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff will be hosting the launch day with world exclusives, live events and competitions ahead of the publication day of Dr. First, Dr. Fourth, Dr. Eleventh and Dr. Twelfth on April 25, 2017.
Check out what’s in store for fans on Saturday, April 22 at the Doctor Who Experience below.
Doctor Who Meets The World Of Hargreaves
EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED PRE-SALE
• There will be a very limited number of copies of the first four books that we will be selling at the event on Saturday.
• There will be a voucher-and-collect system for purchasing books for signing.
• There will also be a limited range of Doctor Who Meets the World Of Hargreaves merchandise available to purchase on the day, including: mugs, coasters, keyrings, notebooks and posters.
• The next four titles in the series will be revealed with an unveiling of the new covers.
• Premiere of a very special video made by a very special guest…
Q&A WITH CREATOR ADAM HARGREAVES
• Luke Spillane (Doctor Who: The Fan Show and Sherlock Reacts) will be running a Q&A with Adam Hargreaves, son of the Mr. Men and Little Miss creator Roger Hargreaves, during each live drawing session.
GREEN SCREEN COMPETITION
• Penguin Books will be running a social competition at the green screen booths for a chance to win a copy of Dr Twelfth signed by Missy herself, actress Michelle Gomez.
• A number of original drawings by Adam Hargreaves will be present in the Doctor Who Experience gallery on the day. These will include final drawings from the first four books, and you will also get a first look at original sketches for some of the next four books!
CHECK OUT THE FULL SCHEDULE BELOW:
10:00am – Doctor Who Experience opens
11:00am – Doctor Who Meets World Of Hargreaves Launch begins
11:30am – Q&A with Adam Hargreaves and live drawing
11:45am – Adam Hargreaves book signing
12:30pm – Q&A with Adam Hargreaves and live drawing
12:45pm – Adam Hargreaves book signing
1:30pm – Q&A with Adam Hargreaves and live drawing
1:45pm – Adam Hargreaves book signing
2:00pm – World-first reveal of next four books and video premiere
2:15pm – Celebration cake cutting with Adam Hargreaves
3:00pm – Event finishes
5:00pm – DWE closes
Please note: times may change on the day.