January 23, 2017
Pride Cymru, the charity most known for the largest celebration of equality and diversity in Wales, is hosting a fantastic Doctor Who event in partnership with the National Museum of Wales as part of LGBT History month celebrations.
The Who’s Queer Now? event is the creation of a Pride Cymru project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund which explores and celebrates the worlds of Doctor Who, including Torchwood and Class and their importance to LGBT+ people.
The event will take place from 11am on February 25, 2017 at the Museum’s Reardon Smith Lecture theatre. The day will feature panel discussions, audience Q&A, screenings plus a quiz and a raffle with some special prizes.
Guest panellists include:
- Russell T Davies - Doctor Who showrunner, 2005-10
- Bethany Black - who played 474 in 2015's, Sleep No More
- Gareth David-Lloyd - Torchwood's Ianto Jones
- Rachel Talalay - director of Series 8 & 9 finales
- Waris Hussein – director of the first ever Doctor Who story, amongst others
- with more guests to be announced!
Tickets are strictly limited and available from ticketsource.co.uk/pridecymru at the price of just £5.
For more information about the event or to contribute to the project please visit the Who’s Queer Now? Facebook page here.
Who's Queer Now? takes place on Feb 25, 2017 from 11am at the National Museum of Wales, Cardiff