Doctor Who Season 19 has been announced as the next release in the Doctor Who: The Collection range. Peter Davison’s first series as the Fifth Doctor follows the success of Tom Baker’s first season on Blu-ray and will be released on 10th December, 2018. This collector’s edition also has a limited run.
Peter Davison joined the long running BBC series in 1981, replacing Tom Baker as the Doctor. His first season bursts with the fresh energy and breathless excitement that would come to define his era. Across seven classic adventures, the Doctor and his companions Tegan, Nyssa and Adric face off against The Master, the terrifying Mara, the Terileptils, the Plasmatons, Monarch and the revamped Cybermen, making a triumphant return to the series in one of the programme’s all-time classics.
The limited edition Blu-ray includes brand new special features exclusive to this set:
- Five new ‘Making-Of’ documentaries for Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Black Orchid, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Surround sound mixes for Kinda and Earthshock
- An extended version of Black Orchid Part One
- Rare studio footage from Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Updated special effects for Castrovalva
- Seven more editions of Behind The Sofa
- A newly-shot one-hour interview ‘Peter Davison In Conversation with Matthew Sweet’
- And much more!
Plus the following stories from 1982:
- Castrovalva (Four episodes)
- Four To Doomsday (Four Episodes)
- Kinda (Four Episodes)
- The Visitation (Four Episodes)
- Black Orchid (Two Episodes)
- Earthshock (Four Episodes)
- Time-Flight (Four episodes)
The eight-disc box set also includes the Peter Davison/David Tennant mini-episode Time Crash, plus hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.
All 26 episodes have been remastered from scratch by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. With the original 16mm film elements still in existence, the location material is presented in true HD, with studio material upscaled. Lee Binding has again provided stunning packaging design and Pete McTighe has written extensive booklet notes and is the content consultant for the title. Doctor Who: The Collection is executively produced for BBC Studios by Russell Minton.
Details of the international release will be available soon.