Christopher Eccleston will be returning to the role of the Ninth Doctor in May 2021 in a new box set of audio adventures, Ravagers, from Big Finish Productions.
In the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, Christopher Eccleston has an exclusive interview, with an in-depth discussion on all things Ninth Doctor (his first DWM interview in 16 years!).
Christopher Eccleston talks more in the latest issue, with an exclusive extract below.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue #563 is on sale from Thursday 1st April 2021. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.
Discussing his return to the character, Christopher Eccleston says…
“He’s very straight, isn’t he, the Doctor? He does not go in for manipulation. He does exactly what he says on the tin. And I think the most intelligent of human beings – or apes, as he often refers to them – always respond well to that, particularly females. He has a leaning towards the feminine, does the Doctor, which is illustrated in his companions down the years – their emotional intelligence. He’s a sucker for emotional intelligence, and forgiveness and humanity in humans. And I think that’s demonstrated within a lot of the relationships throughout the wonderful adventures we’re recording at the moment.”
Read the full interview in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine.
Issue 563 also includes:
- Former showrunner Steven Moffat talks about writing for the Ninth Doctor.
- A preview of Ravagers, the new box set of audio adventures starring Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.
- Jonathan Morris explores the gaps in our knowledge of the Ninth Doctor – where could new adventures take place in his timeline?
- Collectivity celebrates the merchandise released in 2005 after Doctor Who’s revival.
- DWM tracks down some of the real soldiers who formed part of UNIT in the 1960s and 70s.
- Members of the Doctor Who Restoration Team reveal the secrets of making old episodes look better than ever for their release on Blu-ray.
- Apocrypha remembers BBC Books’ 2005 novel The Monsters Inside.
- The Fact of Fiction looks back at 2005’s Father’s Day.
- Reviews of the Season 8 Blu-ray box set and the new Target novelisations.
- Sufficient Data crunches Doctor Who’s numbers.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Don’t delay! Doctor Who Magazine Issue #563 is on sale from Thursday 1st April 2021. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.