December 16, 2020
Series 12 had some of the biggest twists and turns in Doctor Who history, with the return of Captain Jack, the sudden appearance of another Doctor, and the truth behind the Timeless Child…
What did Jodie Whittaker make of the series that changed everything? Find out below in an exclusive extract from the Doctor Who Magazine 2021 Yearbook.
What did Jodie Whittaker say about the latest series? Well…
“Before I even read the scripts, I was very aware that this season was going to have a big story arc for the Doctor,” says Jodie Whittaker, casting her mind.
“I knew that what we know of the Doctor’s history would be thrown into question. I certainly knew that there would be a moment with another Doctor.
"Initially, I didn’t know anything about how that moment would play out or what the interaction would be. I didn’t know if it was in the sense of a flashback to the Timeless Child or something else entirely. There were so many different ways of interpreting it. But when I found out about the whole gene-splice thing, and the reasons why there’s another Doctor, I was like, ‘WHAT THE…?!’"
You can read more of what Jodie thought of Series 12 in the Doctor Who Magazine 2021 Yearbook. Packed with all-new content and previously unseen images, Doctor Who Magazine’s 2021 Yearbook is the essential guide to an extraordinary year.
You can also find many other highlights in the Yearbook, including:
- Exclusive interviews with Jodie Whittaker (the Doctor), John Barrowman (Captain Jack), Mandip Gill (Yaz) and Tosin Cole (Ryan); guest stars Laura Fraser (Kane in Orphan 55), Anjli Mohindra (Queen Skithra in Nikola Tesla’s Night of Terror) and Warren Brown and Matthew McNulty (Jake and Adam in Praxeus); plus writers Ed Hime (Orphan 55) and Maxine Alderton (The Haunting of Villa Diodati).
- Analyses of all the episodes from the 2020 series.
- The inside story of the new YouTube serial Daleks!
- Behind the scenes of the Radiophonic Workshop’s latest project.
- Tributes to the Doctor Who luminaries who passed away during 2020.