March 22, 2017
In the latest edition of Empire magazine — issue 335, out now — Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat and Twelfth Doctor actor Peter Capaldi have been speaking about their final series together.
During the interview, there are a number of juicy nuggets of information regarding Series 10, Episode 9. Written by Mark Gatiss, we already know the Ice Warriors will return (featuring a new kind according to its writer) but now we’ve been given new information regarding the story.
Read on, if you dare!
- Empire describes the episode as a “Jules Verne-ish spectacle”.
- With scenes on Mars, it features a Martian mine, red sand and a “giant futuristic, drill-like weapon of mysterious provenance”.
- There is a conflict between Zulu War-era British soldiers and an awakened horde of Ice Warriors.
- A “pivotal three-way face-off” with the Doctor, British troops and the Ice Warrior turns on a “key intervention” by new companion Bill.
- At one point, an Ice Warrior is referred to as an “upright crocodile”.