April 15, 2019
Ahead of this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, BBC Studios are giving fans the opportunity to see their own work on a Doctor Who t-shirt, with a limited quantity available for purchase at the BBC AMERICA booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
As anticipation for the next season builds, Doctor Who fans can channel their creative energy into an innovative rendition of the TARDIS and their favorite Doctor. Entrants can create anything from a candy mosaic of Tom Baker to a bowtie collage of Matt Smith – the possibilities are endless! The competition opens on April 17, 2019 at 1pm BST and closes on May 15, 2019 at 1pm BST.
A panel of judges will select one grand prize winner and four runner-up artists. The grand prize winner and a guest will receive an exclusive Doctor Who-themed weekend trip to London, which includes:
- Flights to London
- Two nights’ accommodation
- Special afternoon tea for two
- Doctor Who Escape Room activity in Reading, England (travel to Reading included)
- Exclusive private screening of the fan’s favorite Doctor Who episode
- Their artwork printed on a Doctor Who t-shirt sold at San Diego Comic-Con
- A goody bag including iconic Doctor Who merchandise valued at approximately $680
All four runners-up will each:
- Have their artwork printed on a Doctor Who t-shirt sold at San Diego Comic-Con
- Receive a goody bag including iconic Doctor Who merchandise valued at approximately $680
Each entrant must design their own original piece of Doctor Who fan art in accordance with the following criteria:
- Artwork must feature both the TARDIS and one Doctor
- The Artwork may also, at the entrant’s discretion, include a background texture, splash of colour or other abstract background design, but must not feature any other design element, including (without limit) any other Doctor, character, companion, monster, robot, prop, location, building or branding element (including third party brand names and logos), whether from the Doctor Who universe or otherwise.
- Artwork can be created in any two-dimensional medium and any color.
- Artwork must not include identifiers such as the entrant’s name, signature, image, likeness or any other identifier, or any reference to Comic-Con.
The competition is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand who at the time of entry are at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (whichever is higher). The grand prize winner and four finalists will be revealed at the BBC AMERICA booth during San Diego Comic-Con in July.
Refer to the terms and conditions at doctorwho.tv/competitions/fan-art for more details on the criteria