January 06, 2021
This year marks 50 years since the Master first appeared to terrorize the Doctor, and our television screens! The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine celebrates his reign of terror with an interview with current Master, Sacha Dhawan, and you can read an exclusive extract below.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue #560 is on sale from Thursday 7th January 2021. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.
What was Sacha Dhawan’s highlight in his tenure of the Master so far? He said:
“Recording the reveal – that ‘O’ was in fact the Master in disguise – was my highlight of being in Doctor Who,” says Sacha Dhawan. “It was so special because no one apart from [executive producers] Chris [Chibnall] and Matt [Strevens] had seen how I was going to play it, so it was the crew who got to see that first switch of me becoming the Master. They’ve seen so many actors come in and out playing the Doctor and the Master, so I really trusted their opinion. They were incredibly encouraging and supportive. Everyone was, especially Jodie."
Read the full interview in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine.
Issue 560 also includes:
- The results of the World Cup of the Master – a Twitter tournament to decide the renegade Time Lord’s greatest stories.
- Current Master Sacha Dhawan answers questions from the TARDIS Tin.
- On set with Russell T Davies and Phil Collinson as they recreate some classic 1980s Doctor Who for the new Channel 4 drama It’s a Sin.
- Olly Alexander, who stars in It’s a Sin, tells DWM about working with the Daleks.
- Interviews with three of the actors who appeared in Resurrection of the Daleks: John Adam-Baker, Sneh Gupta and Nigel Tisdall.
- Patrick Mulkern accompanies Katy Manning and John Levene on a return visit to Aldbourne, nearly 50 years after the filming of The Dæmons.
- A solution to the mystery surrounding the 1973 episode that marked Roger Delgado’s final appearance as the Master.
- An exclusive preview of the Season 8 Blu-ray box set.
- DWM’s review of the New Year’s Day Special, Revolution of the Daleks.
- The Fact of Fiction analyses the 1999 Comic Relief Special The Curse of Fatal Death.
- The second part of The White Dragon, a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and more.
Don’t delay! Doctor Who Magazine Issue #560 is on sale from Thursday 7th January 2021. It is available to order as a subscription, either physical or digital, here.