“DOCTOR WHO THEME TUNE” COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION
- Entry into the “Doctor Who Theme Tune” competition (the “Competition”) is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 13 years or over. The Promoter is BBC Worldwide Australia Pty Limited (ABN 20 129 255 616) of Level 5, 6 Eden Park Drive, Macquarie Park NSW 2113(the “Promoter”). Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. It is a condition of entry that all entrants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s express permission to enter this Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of the Promoter, the agencies associated with this Competition, FOXTEL, and their related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter.
- Competition begins at 10.00 (AEDT) Friday November 7th 2014 and ends at 17.00 (AEDT) Friday November 28th 2014 (“Competition Period”).
- To enter the Competition, entrants must:
- record a video clip (no longer than two minutes) of themselves singing the Doctor Who theme tune; and
- upload the video clip on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube or Vine (“Social Media”) using the hashtag #DWSSThemeTune.
- All entries must be original and must not incorporate material which has been previously published. Incomplete entries or those which, in the opinion of the Promoter, infringes the intellectual property rights or any third party, contains any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory will be ineligible to win the prize.
- Only one entry per person is permitted for this Competition.
- There is one prize package to be provided to the prize winner and their travelling companion (“Guest”) consisting of:
- two VIP tickets to one of the following Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular 2015 events, in the city closest to your home residence;
- Adelaide on 24th January 2015; or
- Perth on 31st January 2015; or
- Sydney on 7th February 2015; or
- Auckland on 15th February 2015 (together the “Venues”) valued at $711.62 (the “Event”); and
- one ‘money can’t buy’ backstage tour for two at the Event; and
- one night of accommodation for two on the night of the Event valued at a maximum of $350; and
- two return economy class flights to the Event valued at a maximum of $1000.00.(together the “Prize”).
- two VIP tickets to one of the following Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular 2015 events, in the city closest to your home residence;
- The total maximum Prize pool value is $2061.62. The Prize values are the recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any changes in the value of the Prize occurring between the publishing date and date which the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The Prizes are non transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prizes or any element of the Prizes cannot be exchanged for any other Prizes. The contents for the Prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prizes and the Venues.
- Entrants are advised that the use of the Prizes may be subject to prevailing terms and conditions of the Venues, Prize suppliers and/or Event organisers. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winners and Guest comply with all such terms and conditions and it is the Prize winners responsibility to first check the tickets and with the Venue and/or Event organisers regarding any such applicable terms and conditions before use. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any cancellations, postponements or any other changes to the Event to which the Prize relates and will not offer a substitute prize under any circumstances.
JUDGING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE
- The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality.
- The Competition will be judged on the basis of originality and creativity at BBC Worldwide, Level 5, 6 Eden Park Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113 on Friday November 28th 2014. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winners. The Prize winners will be notified via the Prize winner’s Social Media entry mechanism on Monday December 1st 2014 and their name published on the Doctor Who website and Facebook page from Tuesday December 2nd 2014. The Prize must be claimed within seven days of the publication of the Prize winner.
- If a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
- In the event that a Prize winner is less than 18 years of age, the Prize winner must be accompanied by his/her parent or a legal guardian over the age of 25. The parent or legal guardian must accompany the Prize winner at all times throughout the conduct of the Prize. The parent of legal guardian will be considered the Guest.
- It is a condition of entry that the Prize winner and Guest be available and able to travel to the Event Venue and stay at the accommodation specified by the Promoter.
- It is the sole responsibility of each Prize winner and Guest to ensure that their personal documentation (including but not limited to passports, visas etc) is valid. Any expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and Guest. Travel insurance is advisable for the Prize winner and Guest, though all such arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and Guest.
- In the event that the Prize winner’s home address is within 200 kilometres of the Event (which shall be determined in the absolute discretion of the Promoter), the flight component of the Prize will be forfeited in full and no substitute will be offered.
- All ancillary costs incurred in taking and using the Prize (including but not limited to transfers to and from airport in Prize winners capital city, meals, mini bar, spending money, insurance and taxes) are the responsibility of the Prize winner and Guest. Unless expressly stated as being part of the Prize, all other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and Guest.
- All Prize winners are advised that Tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner and Guest may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the rights to refuse to allow the Prize winner or Guest to take part in all or any aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a Prize winner or Guest are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to participate in the Prize.
- Entry and continued participation in the Competition is dependent on entrants acting in accordance with the following:
- Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (available at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php ); and/or
- Instagram’s Terms and Conditions (available at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#) and Community Guidelines (available at http://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/); and/or
- Twitter Terms of Service (available at https://twitter.com/tos); and/or
- YouTube’s Contest Policy and Guidelines (available at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en); and/or
- Vine’s Terms of Service (available at https://vine.co/terms).
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to the Social Media. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to the Social Media.
- All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge the Social Media from any and all liability in relation to this Competition.
- All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof that Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants that their entry is their own original work, and that they own all rights (including copyright) in their entry. Each entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any costs or loss incurred by the Promoter as a result of this warranty bring false or incorrect.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, FOXTEL and other relevant parties for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winners from winning the Prizes or using the Prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify:
- Any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory; or
- Any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Competition or to cancel or vary the Prizes in any circumstances, including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
- A Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
- The Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
- In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prize it shall not:
- Be liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage (including costs, loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
- Be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT the time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
- A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for (and the Prize winner and Guest agree to release the promoter from liabilities related to) any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained as a result of accepting or using the Prize or entering the Competition.
- The Promoter collects entrants personal information (as the term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying winners). Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. Entrants are also advised that from time to time, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to third parties (including, but not limited to, third party prize providers) for the purpose of administering prizes or for other purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants are advised that “opt-in” entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrant’s personal information for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide and without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose.
If you require any further entry details please write to BBC Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd at http://www.bbcaustralia.com/contact/
"Evocative and thrilling in equal measure"